Mar 29, 2011

the ridiculous post

Most of the crap that comes from here is ridiculous; there's just something about that word... I think we mean the same thing.


I'm not going to dive down a ridiculous story of something that happened to me recently cause that's just no fun for me. Plus whenever I do mention something ridiculous it's like no one notices or thinks it's as common as breathing. This post is intended for something different; a ridiculous montage.


Whenever I hear that word my ears must perk up and I notice it right away. In today's society I don't think people use that word unless something is completely batshit crazy. My personal favorite usage is in the term ridiculousness; it simply creates a sense that 'everything might be on fire, but everyone's ok.'


Back in the day the term ridiculous was something a bit less extreme but none the less, it was still a bad thing. More like
'how could things be on fire; we are all firefighters.'


I've been watching a lot of older movies lately and they drop the R word all over the place. I usually feel the word was not warrented or that the use of the word made a serious situation comical. I guess for things to be considered ridiculous by todays standards, things have to be a bit more pressing. What do you think?


There would be more to this montage but I couldn't figure out how to get the subtitles to copy over with the chapter; technology fail :(





The French guy is a bit off to begin with; the tanned Italian bacon guy probably drops one of the best ridiculous I've ever heard; twice! Captain nerd from the nerdery almost pulls it off but we the viewer know something he doesn't; his eyes are about to get pushed in. I had to keep the whole samurai thing in, it's just too awesome. Lastly, Jim for he says it best whether it be ridiculous or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment