Jan 18, 2011

Things that Kevin Eats


I consider myself to be a pretty good cook even though I have never formally learned how nor do I follow recipes. I just use common sense, try to copy things I eat at restaurants and whenever in doubt, just add bacon.


This is probably why I refuse to bake. Baking requires you to follow instructions or else it turns out like crap and I admit, I'm not the worlds biggest fan of reading. Moving on.


The funny thing is that one of my first memories as a child is directly related to cooking. I must have been 5 or something because I remember being with my dad at our old place on Riverbend drive. It was during a time when my parents first divorced so I was still young and not 100% all there; I guess the jury is still out on that one.


I remember watching my dad cooking in the kitchen and saying, "when I grow up, I want to be a chef."


My dad turned to me, put his hand on my shoulder and said "only faggots are chefs, son."


I didn't know what that meant.  Shit, I was 5. I was kinda bummed after that. I didn't know that job was reserved for faggots.


For some reason or another I remember that moment as clear as day, it's pretty messed up. Once I found out what that meant it really didn't affect me. Oh dad. The 80's was a different time I guess.


Anyways, I like to create unique dishes for myself and others and I thought that my blog would be an awesome spot to share these creations.


I'm going to post some of the deliciousness here and there. I guess if you want to replicate them you'll have to read. Sorry about that faggots.

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to second your theory on bacon...NEVER don't add bacon!!! :D

    ReplyDelete